FOR 5 GALLONS (~19 LITERS)
OG - 1.031
FG - 1.006
ABV - 4.9%
Calories - 120
- 4.0 lbs Dextrose
- One (1) Homebrew Pack of Lutra (OYL-071 Lutra™ Kveik Yeast)
- Propper Seltzer™ Nutrient Homebrew Pack (28g)
- Bring 5 gal of water to ~180°F (82°C). Add dextrose, circulate, and bring to a boil.
- Gently boil for 10 minutes. Check gravity and adjust accordingly until you've reached (1.031 SG).
- Turn off heat, add Propper Seltzer nutrient to the kettle, and mix/whirlpool for 10 min.
- Chill sugar base to 85°F (29°C) and then transfer to the fermenter while aerating by shaking or oxygenating.
- Pitch Lutra Kveik at 85°F and ferment to completion by maintaining above ambient temperature.
- Cold Crash, flavor condition, and serve accordingly!
If you are adding other sugars (honey, turbinado, table sugar, agave), be sure to account for different PPGs. When flavoring with ingredients that include fermentables, add while yeast is finishing fermentation. Keep warm and allow for fermentation.